Forms & Procedures
for Bedford Community Education
What to know about our policy.
The following are the general guidelines and policies for the activities and programs provided by Bedford Community and Adult Education.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
How to Register - NEW Online Registration
Registrations accepted in person or by mail & effective January our new online registration! Payment can be made by Cash, Check, Money Order and online payments can be made by Credit Card.
Registrations are NOT accepted through the schools!
Full payment must be received with your completed registration form by the registration deadline.
*A separate check is needed for Karate classes.
**A separate check is needed for Youth & Adult classes.
All checks must be made payable to: BEDFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Completed registration forms and payment can be mailed to:
Bedford Public Schools
Community Education Department
1623 W. Sterns Road
Temperance, MI 48182
Please allow 5 days prior to class deadline for mail delivery. A drop-slot is available on the Community Education door for after-hours registrations.
1) Registraitons are on a first-come, first-serve basis, and Bedford residents are given preference over non-residents.
2) You will not receive confirmation of class registration unless an email address is provided during online registration. All registrants should plan to attend the first class as scheduled in the brochure unless contacted by our office.
3) You will only be contacted by our office if the time, day, or location of a class is changed, or if a class is cancelled.
4) Classes will be cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met by the deadline. Please register early!
5) A $5.00 child care fee will be charged for each 10 minutes after a class or practice ends that the child is not picked up.
6) One day class registrations must be paid by money order or cash if registering after the registration deadline.
7) Special Event Tickets are nonrefundable, except in the case of the event being cancelled by Community Education.
Refunds will only be issued if requested 3 business days prior to the start of a class or league. Refunds requested less than 3 business days, but prior to the second class or practice will be 50% of the registration fee. No refunds will be issued after the second class or specified date. No refunds will be issued for Special Events. Requests for refunds must be made directly to the Adult or Community Education Office. There will be a $5.00 processing fee for all refunds requested. A full refund will be issued if a class is cancelled by Bedford Adult or Community Education. Please allow 2-3 weeks for a refund check to be processed.
Drivers Education Refund Policy: Please see the Driver's Education forms for the Driver's Education refund policy.
When Bedford Public Schools is closed due to weather, Community Education YOUTH Classes, League Practices, CE premiere Dance Classes, and ADULT Volleyball Leagues will also be cancelled. Karate and Adult Education Classes will be determined by 3:00pm.
All Cancellations will be broadcast on local radio and television stations.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, it is the policy of the Bedford Public School District that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, height, weight, or marital status, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination during any program or activity or in employment.